Levich Institute and
Chemical Engineering department
City College of New York
Steinman Hall 1M14
New York, New York 10033
Monodisperse hard-sphere colloidal suspensions are extremely simple and yet very complicated at the same time: the interactions between particles are purely hydrodynamic and the only other forces the particles are subjected to are of Brownian nature due to thermal motion. Nevertheless, the dynamics of this system are not fully understood yet. The correlation between the microstructure of the fluid and its resulting stress tensor is of particular interest and remains poorly understood. Accelerated Stokesian Dynamics allows to probe both the average stress in the suspension and the configuration of the particles in order to establish the link between them. A lot of research has been performed under steady shear conditions, but unsteady shear (oscillatory shear as well as start-up and cessation of shear flow) gives additional insights that shed a new light on the classical problem of linking stress and structure in this complex fluid.
- S. Marenne, D. R. Foss, J. F. Brady, J. F. Morris (2016) Unsteady shear flows of colloidal hard-sphere suspensions by dynamic simulation. (accepted)
- S. Marenne, J. F. Morris (2017) Nonlinear rheology of colloidal suspensions probed by oscillatory shear. (submitted)
- S. Marenne, J. F. Morris. Particle cage dynamics in flowing colloidal dispersions. APS DFD 69th Annual Meeting (2016), Portland.
- S. Marenne, J. F. Morris. Unsteady shear flows of colloidal suspensions simulated by Accelerated Stokesian Dynamics. CompFlu 2016, Pune (India).
- S. Marenne, J. F. Morris. Unsteady shear flows of colloidal suspensions: simulation by Accelerated Stokesian Dynamics. SOR 87th Annual Meeting (2015), Baltimore.
- S. Marenne, J. F. Morris. Structure and stress in unsteady shear flows of colloidal hard-sphere suspensions with accelerated Stokesian dynamics. ACS Colloids 89th Annual Meeting (2015), Pittsburgh.
- S. Marenne, J. F. Morris. Oscillatory rheology of colloidal near hard-sphere suspensions with ASD. SOR 86th Annual Meeting (2014), Philadelphia.
- S. Marenne, J. F. Morris. Oscillatory rheology of concentrated hard-sphere suspensions. USNCTAM (2014), Michigan State University.
- S. Marenne, J. F. Morris. Oscillatory rheology of concentrated hard-sphere suspensions. NCS2 (2014), The City College of New York.
- M.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Belgium
- B.Sc., Chemical Engineering, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Belgium